Manager of Hiring and Recruitment
Title: Manager of Hiring and Recruitment
Reports to: Director of HR and Operations
Direct reports: n/a
Hours: full-time, exempt from overtime
Location: within commuting distance from Washington, DC preferred; candidates working remotely from the contiguous US considered
Led by former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, GIFFORDS is a nonprofit organization whose team is on a mission to save lives from gun violence. GIFFORDS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an environment that celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion. People of color, trans individuals, gender non-conforming individuals, women, people with differing abilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
GIFFORDS is seeking a Manager of Hiring and Recruitment to join our team. This position will serve as a key member of the Human Resources team and an essential part of the organization’s ability to attract high quality candidates and efficiently hire new employees as the organization grows. The Manager will work closely with hiring managers to identify staffing needs, devise and implement sourcing strategies, ensure each position attracts a diverse set of qualified individuals, and coordinate a timely and robust hiring process. They will also be responsible for thinking through a longer-term talent acquisition strategy for GIFFORDS and related employer-branding initiatives.
This is a full-time position, ideally based in our Washington DC office, although we are open to candidates outside the Washington, DC area who would work fully remotely. This position requires the ability and willingness to travel a few times a year, as well as interest and ability in staffing occasional weekend and evening events. GIFFORDS employees are required to be vaccinated against the COVID 19 virus with limited exemptions as required by federal and state law. This position will be expected to work in a hybrid model (1 day a week in the office, 4 days a week remotely).
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants, no phone calls or emails, please.
Duties + Responsibilities:
- Work closely with hiring managers on the full recruitment cycle: identify personnel needs; outline qualifications, responsibilities, skills, and experience needed for open positions and write job descriptions as needed; develop and execute strategic talent acquisition strategies; support hiring managers through a robust, equitable, and timely hiring process.
- Manage scheduling for up to 5-6 searches per month, coordinating complex scheduling assignments to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Schedule and lead weekly meetings with hiring managers to discuss progress and keep workflow on track.
- Handle confidential and critical information with sensitivity and sound judgment.
- Take on special HR projects as needed to support teammate onboarding, retention, and talent development activities and strategies.
- Stay current on best practices in inclusive and equitable hiring and use best practices to design job descriptions, create recruiting plans, plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments and in-person interviews.
- Work to identify and build out recruitment pipelines that enable the organization to attract strong, diverse hiring pools.
- Proactively research and contact potential recruits on job search websites.
- Help manage GIFFORDS' virtual presence related to hiring and recruiting (e.g., manage job postings, email blasts, and social media posts).
- Maintain applicant records in Applicant Tracking System.
Required knowledge, skills + experience
- At least three years of experience directly supporting hiring managers
- Experience leading or participating in hiring processes
- Demonstrated ability to hire and support the retention of high performing employees across multiple lines of difference
- Belief in and commitment to gun violence prevention
- Strong project and process management orientation; highly organized
- Able to work independently and solutions-oriented, creative, and flexible
- Strong interpersonal skills, sense of humor and ability to work well on a team.
- A strong, demonstrated commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and anti-racism.
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and ability to learn new systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer service orientation; ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- High level of integrity, trust, accountability, and judgment.
Valued non-essential knowledge, skills, + experience
- Proficiency with Google Suite (e.g., Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides), Slack, Calendly and social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter)
- Proficiency with JazzHR as an ATS
- Interest in the social sector and exposure to non-profit organizations
Salary + benefits
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $70,000 annually with the exact salary dependent on experience. Competitive benefits include employer-funded health, dental, and vision insurance; health, transit, and parking flexible spending accounts; 401k plan with 4% employer match; reimbursement for cell phone and monthly wifi stipend, 25 days of PTO annually plus paid week closure at the end of the calendar year; and ten paid federal holidays.
Applying + the interview process
Submit your resume and a brief cover letter (400 words maximum) that outlines three specific ways that you would be a good fit for this position. The interview process for this position consists of a phone interview, and two rounds of Zoom interviews as well as reference checks.
GIFFORDS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an environment that celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion. People of color, trans individuals, gender non-conforming individuals, women, people with differing abilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.